Monday, January 31, 2005

Foodstuffs Stuff

Burger King's breakfast sandwich slogan "Wake Up with the King" reminds me a lot of the exclamations made by Annette Bening's character during her affair with the Real Estate King (Peter Gallagher) in American Beauty.

Saw a crushed Silver Thunder can on the sidewalk outside my office building (it wasn't mine, I swear). It's good to know that between the tandem of Silver Thunder and Green Lightning, one of the two elemental malt liquors is still being produced (and consumed). Shortly after the "Summer Storm" (a well-documented event involving 40s, prank phone calls, a half-dozen hurled eggs, and a job termination), Green Lightning was discontinued (possibly for the dangerous levels of mischief it incited). I have a 16-ounce can of Green Lightning shelved somewhere that I hope will be poured on my grave.

A note to brand-name 40 drinkers: Colt 45 is the choice for value (45 oz for the price of 40), but Olde English 800 is still the Cadillac of 40s.

"All this computer hacking is making me thirsty." --Homer Simpson

No comments: