Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Sponge Blog: Part Deux

OK. I try to write on a new topic each weekday (toil not on the Sabbath or Saturday), but today I'll make an exception. I'm violating the rule that says if you ignore it, it will go away (of course, racism has been ignored for decades and it hasn't gone away, but I digress).

Tonight, The Daily Show (Stewart/Colbert 2008!) carried the "story" of the jackass who attacked SpongeBob Squarepants. They aired a clip of said jackass on a Fox News political talk show. Fox News invited this guy on the air!!!??? WTF?

I'm over analyzing (but then again, so is the jackass who attacked SpongeBob), but isn't an attack on a character who wears a shirt and tie and faithfully goes to work every day (rain or shine in Bikini Bottom) really an attack on the American work ethic?

That bigot is attacking America! Should we be tolerant of his viewpoint or beat his unAmerican ass?

(Please note: Fox News channel supports unAmerican bigots)

1 comment:

caryn said...

I'm with you, should we start a petition?